|Operating Theatre 1||Dental Suite||Digital Imaging Suite||Prep Room|
|Scrub Area||Nurses Station||Consult Room||Stairwell|
|Exercise Area||Meeting Room||The Opening|
Our new extension offers:
1. Two operating theatres which will be set up to be logistically more useable for complex operations.
2. A dental suite which will allow us to undertake dental procedures all day. Currently, because of potential infectious contamination, dentals can only be done when all open-wound operations are complete.
3. A new imaging suite to house our digital X-ray and digital ultrasound equipment. This will provide improved space and comfort for the patients (and staff!) and more room for training purposes.
4. An additional ward for cats to separate them from the dogs. Nervous cats are currently placed in our isolation ward away from the main kennels but they prefer company so will be in an all-cat environment.
• Other supporting functions include a new laboratory for testing samples, an improved nurses’ station and a new laundry.
Senior Partner, Tim Lawrence, said “Coombefield Veterinary Hospital has been a leader in animal care and client service in the East Devon area for a number of years. This extension will help us improve our levels further for many more years to come. Good staff is key to the success of a veterinary practice and our upgraded and modernised hospital will allow existing staff to further develop their skills and for us to attract good staff when we are recruiting.”
The extension is expected to be complete in about nine months and an open-day is planned so that our clients will be able to view the new facilities if they wish.
Further details will be publicised later in the year.