COVID-19 LOCKDOWN UPDATE 08.01.2021
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding, we will continue to provide a caring, professional veterinary service for your pets, in the safest way possible for our clients and staff.
We will ALWAYS:
· be available for urgent or emergency appointments
· be available for urgent of emergency telephone appointments
· be available during office hours to provide repeat prescriptions, flea and worm treatment and food orders
We will CONTINUE:
· to provide on-site consultations for animals that need to be seen, determined by telephone triage questions at time of booking
· to provide telephone consultations for conditions that can be managed remotely
· to provide telephone consultations for clients who are self-isolating
· to carry out non-routine operations
We will delay:
· Routine dog castrates and spays, where there is no medical or population control reason for doing so. (Due to population concerns, cats will continue to be offered neutering.)
· Booster vaccinations, unless they are due their 1st, 2nd, 1st year booster or if the last booster was given prior to 30th November 2019.
· Routine claw clips (unless a medical reason to do so) and weight clinics.
Opening Hours: AXMINSTER: 9am-6.30pm Mon-Fri, 9am-1pm Sat.
SEATON: 9am-5pm Tue, Wed and Fri, 9am-6pm Thurs.
Please continue to allow 48hrs (Mon-Fri) when ordering medications/flea and worm treatment/food before collection. Please call 01297 630500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have COVID-19 safety practices in place – ensuring a safe environment for our clients and staff.
· Please wear a face covering at all times on our premises and adhere to social distancing guidelines (2m).
· Please ring the doorbell when you arrive for your appointment.
· If we are operating an open door policy, we will inform you where to wait and when it is clear for you to enter the building. We will only accept 1 person per appointment and please use hand hygiene stations when entering the building.
· We may on occasion be operating a close-door policy and our team will provide clear instructions when you arrive.
· Our preferred method of payment is via card or online via our website.
· If you are self-isolating or experiencing any symptoms please DO NOT visit the practice, instead call to reschedule or book a telephone consultation.
For advice if you are self-isolating please watch this video:
Ordering Repeat Medications - 8/1/21
At Coombefield Veterinary Hospital we are passionate about sustainability and our impact on the environment. In order to promote sustainability and reduce our carbon footprint, we are moving from a daily delivery of medications from our supplier, to a twice weekly delivery. This will dramatically reduce the road miles travelled and therefore emissions, delivering medications to Coombefield Veterinary Hospital.
When ordering medication please allow at least 2 working days (48hrs), we will contact you when your medication is ready for you to collect. If your medication has to be ordered in especially for you, this could take up to a week. If your pet is on a long term, ongoing medication, we would advise placing an order for your next month of medications at least a week before they run out.
Thank you from everyone at Coombefield Veterinary Hospital.
To respect social distancing rules, we are replacing our standard consultation service with video and telephone consultations. Please contact the practice to arrange an appointment. See our advice on video and telephone consultations with your vet.
Please contact the practice for up to date information regarding available treatments.
How can I get my REPEAT FOOD or MEDICATIONS?
It is important that you continue to give your pet the appropriate food and medication. We are looking at ways of getting these to clients who are due them and postal / delivery services may be an option. Please contact us to make suitable arrangements. We require 48hrs notice before collection.
How can I get my FLEA, WORM, TICK and FLYSTRIKE treatments?
It is important that you continue to give your pet the appropriate treatments. We are looking at ways of getting these to clients who are due them and postal / delivery services may be an option. Please contact us to make suitable arrangements. We require 48hrs notice before collection.